Night on the river
Can Tho - May Islet - Cai Rang
CAN THO – CAI VON - TRA ON - MAY ISLET
- Meet us at Victoria Can Tho Resort at 12:00 for lunch at Spices Restaurant.
- After lunch, the crew welcomes you on board the Song Xanh sampan with chilled towels and a refreshing drink as the boat begins its leisurely cruise on the river. Observe the endless boat trafﬁc and the quiet but constant activity along the banks.
- Head ashore at Cai Von Town and stroll through an outdoor market as vendors trade in farming tools, ﬁsh traps, Chinese medicine, and fresh produce.
- Return to the sampan and visit a nearby village where seedlings are grown in a scenic nursery.
- Continue cruising on the narrow Tra On River, taking in the riverscapes of mangroves, coconut trees, and stilt houses.
- Towards sunset, join the larger Hau River, passing green islets with small rowing boat as the sunsets on this branch of the Mekong river. Enjoy dinner on board as the sampan moors on the river for the evening.
MAY ISLET - CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET
- At about 6:30 am, set off early to arrive at the famous Cai Rang Floating Market at its peak. Breakfast is served on board while the Song Xanh navigates among dozens of local barges laden with rice and other products from the Delta.
- Continue cruising towards Victoria Can Tho and disembark at the hotel’s private jetty.
• Private 1- night cruise overnighting aboard Song Xanh Sampan
• 1 breakfast and 1 dinner served on board
• 1lunch at Spice Restaurant
• Sightseeing fees included in above itinerary
• English-speaking tour guide
• “xuong” rowboat rides
• Crew assistance
• Road transportation (before and after cruise)
• Individual travel insurance
• Personal expenses
• Beverages not speciﬁed in above program
• Tips for crew and tour guide
• Any expenses not clearly indicated in above program
Request this journey
See more tours
Mekong Crossroads (Upstream)
Explore the beautiful countryside and serene riverscapes between Cai Be and Can Tho, the largest city in the Mekong Delta, on a private 3-day / 2-night cruise aboard the comfortable Song Xanh sampan. See the Delta up close, travelling by sampan, row boat, and bicycle. Visit local cottage industries, historic homes, and the famed Cai Rang Floating Market. Memorable meals include lunch in a colonial-era inspired plantation house and a candlelit dinner in a century-old home.
Mekong Crossroads (Downstream)
Explore the lush countryside and peaceful riverscapes between Can Tho, the largest city in the Mekong Delta, and Cai Be, on a private 3-day / 2-night cruise aboard the comfortable Song Xanh sampan. Experience the Delta up close with a row boat ride along picturesque canals and shore excursions to local cottage industries and historic homes. End your exploration with a truly memorable meal of Mekong Delta specialties at a colonial-era inspired plantation house surrounded by fruit trees.
Deep in the Delta (Upstream)
Travel low and slow on a private 2-night cruise through the Mekong Delta, from Cai Be (gateway to Ho Chi Minh City) to Chau Doc on the Vietnam – Cambodia border. Experience the highlights of the Delta, including endless rice fields, tropical fruit gardens, and French-era architecture, by bicycle, walking tours, and cruise aboard the comfortable Song Xanh sampan. Memorable meals include lunch in a colonial-inspired plantation house and a candlelit dinner in a historic century-old home.
Deep in the Delta (Downstream)
A much more exciting and insightful alternative to travel by road, our private 2-night cruise takes you from Chau Doc on the Vietnam – Cambodia border to Cai Be, gateway to Ho Chi Minh City. Cruise along the picturesque waterways of the Mekong Delta with shore excursions to visit riverine islands, local workshops, and the Indochine-era town of Sadec with its multi-cultural communities including Khmer and Chinese. End your journey with a gourmet lunch of Mekong Delta specialties served in a colonial era-inspired plantation house.
You may want to explore orther itineraries
Just two hours from the bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, the Mekong Delta beckons with its postcard-pretty farmscapes and quiet, slow-paced charm. The “Rice Bowl” of Vietnam is irrigated by thousands of kilometres of waterways, making cruising the perfect way to explore this picturesque region where farming and fishing rule the day. For those with limited time, a day trip to the Mekong Delta offers a tantalising glimpse into how much of Vietnam looks, outside the big cities.