Cai Be - Sa Dec - Can Tho
• Explore how life is lived along the river
• Cruise around a bustling floating market
• Discover local handicrafts
• Enjoy spectacular photo opportunities
• Visit a Cao Dai temple
Cai Be - Sa Dec - Can Tho
- Begin cruising from Phu An Jetty at 10:00 am.
- From the sampan, observe life as it plays out onshore - people going about their daily activities against picturesque landscapes - while your attentive crew serves tea and seasonal fruit.
- Before arriving at Sa Dec, stop at various points along the river for a look into some of the cottage industries of the region including a brick factory where everything is made by hand, pass monkey bridges and tiny villages to visit a Cao Dai temple.
- Arrive in Sa Dec and stroll to the outdoor market. Visit one of the highlights of the charming town, the ancient house of Huynh Thuy Le, a real-life character in the celebrated novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras.
- Lunch is served on board while cruising towards Can Tho along a narrow canal teeming with life. Explore the countryside surroundings by local rowboat.
- Your last stopover before sunset is a Cao Dai temple.
- Dinner is served on board while the Song Xanh continues its cruise towards the Hau River. Overnight on board.
- Wake up early at 6:00 am for a visit to the famous Cai Rang Floating Market which operates daily starting from 5:00 am.
- Breakfast is served on board while the Song Xanh navigates towards the market among local barges loaded down with fruits and vegetables from the Delta, making for some stunning photos.
- Continue cruising towards Victoria Can Tho and disembark at the hotel’s private jetty.
*Notes: Actual itinerary may vary depending upon river tide, arrival time or other conditions.
EXTRA SERVICES DURING CHRISMAS/ TET (LUNAR NEW YEAR):
• Visit local Catholic Church
• Flower & ornamental garden
• Flower market (01 week before Tet)
• Enjoy Banh Tet “tradition sticky rice cake“ at lunch time
• Christmas/Tet decoration on boats
• Private 2-day cruise overnight aboard Song Xanh Sampan
• 1 breakfast and 1 lunch and 1 dinner served on board
• Sightseeing fees included in above itinerary
• English-speaking tour guide
• “Xuong” rowboat rides
• Crew assistance
• Road transportation (before and after cruise)
• Individual travel insurance
• Personal expenses
• Beverages not specified in above program
• Tips for crew and tour guide
• Any expenses not clearly indicated in above program
Request this journey
See more tours
Mekong Crossroads (Upstream)
Explore the beautiful countryside and serene riverscapes between Cai Be and Can Tho, the largest city in the Mekong Delta, on a private 3-day / 2-night cruise aboard the comfortable Song Xanh sampan. See the Delta up close, travelling by sampan, row boat, and bicycle. Visit local cottage industries, historic homes, and the famed Cai Rang Floating Market. Memorable meals include lunch in a colonial-era inspired plantation house and a candlelit dinner in a century-old home.
Mekong Crossroads (Downstream)
Explore the lush countryside and peaceful riverscapes between Can Tho, the largest city in the Mekong Delta, and Cai Be, on a private 3-day / 2-night cruise aboard the comfortable Song Xanh sampan. Experience the Delta up close with a row boat ride along picturesque canals and shore excursions to local cottage industries and historic homes. End your exploration with a truly memorable meal of Mekong Delta specialties at a colonial-era inspired plantation house surrounded by fruit trees.
Deep in the Delta (Upstream)
Travel low and slow on a private 2-night cruise through the Mekong Delta, from Cai Be (gateway to Ho Chi Minh City) to Chau Doc on the Vietnam – Cambodia border. Experience the highlights of the Delta, including endless rice fields, tropical fruit gardens, and French-era architecture, by bicycle, walking tours, and cruise aboard the comfortable Song Xanh sampan. Memorable meals include lunch in a colonial-inspired plantation house and a candlelit dinner in a historic century-old home.
Deep in the Delta (Downstream)
A much more exciting and insightful alternative to travel by road, our private 2-night cruise takes you from Chau Doc on the Vietnam – Cambodia border to Cai Be, gateway to Ho Chi Minh City. Cruise along the picturesque waterways of the Mekong Delta with shore excursions to visit riverine islands, local workshops, and the Indochine-era town of Sadec with its multi-cultural communities including Khmer and Chinese. End your journey with a gourmet lunch of Mekong Delta specialties served in a colonial era-inspired plantation house.
You may want to explore orther itineraries
Just two hours from the bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, the Mekong Delta beckons with its postcard-pretty farmscapes and quiet, slow-paced charm. The “Rice Bowl” of Vietnam is irrigated by thousands of kilometres of waterways, making cruising the perfect way to explore this picturesque region where farming and fishing rule the day. For those with limited time, a day trip to the Mekong Delta offers a tantalising glimpse into how much of Vietnam looks, outside the big cities.