A Taste Of The Mekong
Explore the river town of Cai Be on a fascinating day trip criss-crossing canals and mangroves and visiting local factories.
Private 1-Day Cruise
Cai Be Princess
Vinh Long, Dong Phu, An Binh, Binh Hoa Phuoc, Cai Be
• Cruise from Vinh Long to Cai Be (heading towards Saigon)
• Lunch in a colonial-style villa
• Explore narrow canals
• Wonderful photo opportunities
• Visit An Binh Church and orchards
Valid to 30/9/2022
Be picked up at your hotel at 9:00 am and transfer to Vinh Long by road.
Meet us at the pier in front of Cuu Long Hotel in Vinh Long where your crew will be ready to welcome you aboard with cold towels and a refreshing drink while the Cai Be Princess Sampan sets off for its leisurely cruise on the busy waterways of the Mekong Delta.
Crossing the Co Chien River, one of the original nine branches of the mighty Mekong in the Delta, enter the Dong Phu Canal. Cruise past the islands of An Binh and Binh Hoa Phuoc, famous for their fruit orchards. Observe from the comfort of your sampan life as it plays out on the riverbanks the people, the stunning landscapes while your attentive crew serves you tea and seasonal fruit.
Continue cruising along narrow canals past rural, unspoiled landscapes and lush greenery while observing the activity along the banks. Visit an ancient house built in the 19th century. When you arrive at the bustling trading town of Cai Be, you’ll notice much more boat from motorized canoes to barges laden with fruit, vegetables, consumer goods and other products. Continue towards Phu An Hamlet and stop in on local workshops to observe the traditional process of making coconut candy and puffed rice (the local equivalent of popcorn).
Your cruise ends at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river and surrounded by fruit trees, giving you a sense of privileged life during Indochinese times. After lunch (at around 2:30 pm), take a short walk along a small canal back to Ba Bon Bridge where your personal vehicle awaits to drive you to Ho Chi Minh City.
*Notes: Actual itinerary may vary depending upon river tide, arrival time or other conditions.
• One-way transfer between Can Tho and Vinh Long and
between Cai Be and Saigon
• 3-hour cruise aboard Cai Be Princess
• Lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant
• Sightseeing fees included in above itinerary
• Cold towels, seasonal fruit and hot tea
• Crew assistance
• Individual travel insurance
• Beverages and meals not included in the program
• Personal expenses during the trip
• Tips for the crew and guide
• Any expense not clearly indicated in above program
• Fuel surcharge if any
Kindly fill in your request below and we will contact you via email within 24 hours with more details to confirm your booking.